Amazon – Belem – Marajo Island 4 days / 3 nights
Price per person based v.e. double room. All packages can be customized to your liking, please click on the “Request a Quote!” button. Prices not valid during Christmas, New Year, Carnival or other national holidays.
- All transfers and excursions as stated.
- All entrance fees.
- English or Dutch speaking guides during all transfers and excursions (other language guides on request).
- This package is based on full board during the island visit (breakfast - lunch - dinner), other days only breakfast.
- Mentioned hotel(s) can be changed for an equivalent class in case of full occupancy or for other reasons.
- Tips and gratuities for guides.
- All beverages at meals.
- Domestic flight (see use Brazil Airpass).
- Travel insurance.
This is a fairly adventurous trip, and one must have a good basic level of fitness. Furthermore, we recommend that you bring sturdy shoes and mosquito spray. It is also strongly recommended that you get vaccinated against yellow fever and take malaria tablets
Exploring Amazon’s Enchanting Belem and Marajo Island
Are you ready for an unforgettable adventure in the heart of the Amazon? Belem and Marajo Island offer a unique blend of culture, nature, and history. In this article, we’ll take you on a journey through these mesmerizing destinations, highlighting the must-see attractions and experiences.
Belem: Where History and Culture Converge
Discovering Belem’s Rich Heritage
Belem, often referred to as the “Gateway to the Amazon,” is a city steeped in history and culture. Founded in 1616, it has preserved its colonial charm while embracing modernity. Here’s a glimpse of what Belem has to offer:
- Basilica of Our Lady of Nazareth: This stunning basilica, also known as the Nazare Cathedral, is an architectural marvel. It houses the revered image of Our Lady of Nazareth and is a major pilgrimage site.
- Ver-o-Peso Market: Immerse yourself in the vibrant colors and flavors of the Amazon at this iconic market. From exotic fruits to handcrafted souvenirs, you’ll find it all here.
- Mangal das Garcas: A lush green oasis in the heart of the city, this park is home to diverse flora and fauna. Stroll along the wooden walkways and enjoy the serene ambiance.
- Emilio Goeldi Museum: Delve into the Amazon’s natural history at this renowned museum. It’s a treasure trove of botanical and zoological specimens.
Marajo Island: Nature’s Paradise
Marajo Island: A Pristine Haven
Marajo Island, the largest fluvial island in the world, beckons with its untamed beauty and biodiversity. Here’s why it should be on your bucket list:
- Buffalo Farming: Marajo Island is famous for its water buffalo, brought by the Portuguese in the 17th century. Witness these magnificent creatures and even enjoy buffalo milk-based delicacies.
- Praia do Pesqueiro: This pristine beach offers a serene escape. With its white sands and tranquil waters, it’s an ideal spot for relaxation and water sports.
- Carimbo Dancing: Immerse yourself in the vibrant rhythm of Carimbo, a traditional dance of the Marajoara culture. It’s an exhilarating experience you won’t forget.
- Cucao Beach: Another gem on the island, Cucao Beach boasts stunning sunsets and a relaxed atmosphere. Perfect for unwinding after a day of exploration.
Supporting Sustainable Tourism in the Amazon
Making a Difference
Your visit to Belem and Marajo Island can contribute to the preservation of this incredible ecosystem. By supporting eco-friendly tours, local artisans, and sustainable practices, you can help protect the Amazon rainforest for future generations.
In conclusion, Belem and Marajo Island offer a captivating blend of history, culture, and natural beauty. From the historical sites of Belem to the untouched landscapes of Marajo Island, this journey promises an unforgettable adventure. So, pack your bags and immerse yourself in the wonders of the Amazon!